.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Divine Miss N --> This blog has moved to divinemissn.typepad.com

Please note that this blog has now moved to divinemissn.typepad.com

Monday, August 15, 2005

The eagle has landed...

You know when some things aren't real till they're real.... does that sound fluffy? Sorry for that, but that's the best way to describe what it feels like right now. This is all of a sudden very real. This MBA-thing.
I've Euro-starred in succesfully this afternoon, arriving all relaxed at LBS. I took the taxi over from Waterloo Station (no way I was lugging the amount of luggage over on public transport), and the cabbie was very nice (in fact, most of the London cabbies I've met are really nice). Interesting facts I learned from him: some cabbies can make up to 85,000 GBP per year before tax... and he reckoned the number of tourists had gone down 50% since the bombings in July. Plus a good tip on food: go where the cabbies go, it's cheap and usually fairly good, with a recommendation for the best fish and chips joint in London.
I got my swipe-card/identification pass which has a picture of me looking like a rabbit caught in headlights on it. And I got a sim-card which I stuck into an old mobile phone, so I've got an English mobile number. Went to dinner with classmates I met at the Open Weekend and then onto the daily pubnights the incoming students are organizing for the flathunt. But now I'm knackered... I need a good night's sleep.
I want to share this blog which I found, which is from a writer and dare I say it, inspirational speaker, seeking to integrate buddha in the workplace. Some of the stuff he has to say is pretty sensible.

PS The pic attached is of a statue in the quad of LBS.

11 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!!
See you there soon.

I am so excited, and love reading your blogs!

Is it ok to say hello when i see you in person (as in, "hey, I read your blog...")?

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Keven said...

I'm going to have to go home and get my cabbie's licence.

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Forrest Gump said...

have fun - in your home to be !

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah !! that is what the picture is - I thought it was your luggage :(

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger divinemissN said...

Thanks guys!

Anonymous: yeah, of course it's ok to say hello! I'm curious to see if you can pick me out from the LBS crowd.... drop me a line on my email (see right) if you want to have a cuppa.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger PowerYogi said...

i thought it was your luggage too !!! though i was a tad confused about the slab thing, first thought was that the iBook doesn't come in a box like that :-)

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ricardo said...

I'll arrive tomorrow evening! Hope to see you again soon.

PS: Any news about the HSBC loan?

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger KV said...

Have you gone out anywhere fun yet?

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger k said...

Welcome to london and I hope we'll meet at the School at some point.
May be all of us bloggers at LBS could have lunch together.
Have fun...
Karibu

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger RusGirl said...

karibu
May be all of us bloggers at LBS could have lunch together
... and then BLOG about it!!! :)
Suzy
Ha! And me too thought it was your backpack! ;)

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger divinemissN said...

RSR: nope, no news on the HSBC loan yet....hopefully next week sometime.

KV: there's LBS 07s meeting up at different pubs around LBS. After a full day of flathunting, I'm too beat to do anything else!

Karibu: that would be fun! Let's try and organise that!

Rusgirl: yes, we will certainly blog about the lunch afterwards... it'll be interesting to see what everyone writes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home